VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a movie that is seperated into two AVI files. The AVI files came with .ass files. The subtitles work perfectly fine when I watch the AVI files separately. I then merged the two AVI files with virtual dub and now the subtitles are gone. I'm thinking this has something to do with the .ass files, but I am not sure. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Join the ass files using aegisub.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This isn't a matter of joining the .ass files. The subs completely disappeared when I joined the two AVI files.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How do you play the avi? what software? do you load the ass file manually? named the video and ass file same like video.avi and video.ass?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You got me on the right track. You were right. I will ultimately have to merge the two .ass files. Thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try subtitle workshop also.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, being that no one else has responded to my closed topic I figured I would post my subtitle problem in the subtitle section. I apologize if my one post is one post too many of the thousands you get in a day.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Back to the issue at hand since you seem to be the only one interested. I used subtitle workshop and I can join the two .ass files together but now the subtitle text is too big and the font is all blurry and can't be read.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe just change the font settings using aegisub.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kinghlg
    I can join the two .ass files together but now the subtitle text is too big and the font is all blurry and can't be read.
    Subtitle Workshop isn't good with formatting (though it's very good for adjusting most other things).
    Use Aegisub to copy the formatting from one of the original ASS files to your new one.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got it straight now. I had to use a combination of subtitle workshop and aegisub to fix it. Thanks for all your help.
    Quote Quote