VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used Virtual VCR for years with virtually no trouble. It has been with me through system crashes, operating system upgrades, etc. Never had a problem.

Now, all of a sudden in the past two days, I can't capture. I get this error message - "Error 80070003: Cannot start graph." Quick search here, on doom, and via Google showed me this may have something to do with DirectX. So, I downloaded DX 10 and installed. Still, error persists.

I use a Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe capture card. I am running the most recent drivers (which are from 2006). I uninstalled and reinstalled the hardware and the drivers but still no use.

Something happened to all of the sudden cause this error and I can't sort it out. Has anyone had this issue and overcome it? I've made no system changes since the last time I captured a mere week ago so I'm at a loss. I'm running XP so not a Vista issue. I've checked the settings in Virtual VCR and they appear correct. I use huffyUV for compression and the settings are fine. I get a picture and sound in the capture window, the recording just won't start.

Capture card going bad?

Frustrated. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You probably need to re-register some of the filter files (like dump.ax). Try uninstalling, then re-installing the program. IIRC, there is a regservice.bat file that you need to run to register some needed filters.

If you haven't used the program in a while and you did any recent OS upgrading/updating, then this is most certainly the problem.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SLK001
    You probably need to re-register some of the filter files (like dump.ax). Try uninstalling, then re-installing the program. IIRC, there is a regservice.bat file that you need to run to register some needed filters.

If you haven't used the program in a while and you did any recent OS upgrading/updating, then this is most certainly the problem.
    That did it! Thanks! Re-installed and works fine now. Strange. Thanks for the reply.
    Quote Quote