VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have lots of programmes on the hard drive of my DMR-EH60, both recorded from live TV or from old video tapes.

I want to back these up so they'll hopefully never be lost, and store them on my PC.

How do I do this? I would want these files to be in an easily watcheable format (.mpg?, .mov? etc) from my PC. I would also want these to be easily get-at-able from any future media centre setup I might arrange.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Burn them to as many DVDs as is necessary, or use DVD RWs (at least two) to transfer the contents to your HDD. Use VOB2MPG to create MPG files on your HDD - you can load the VOBs directly from the RW to save you from having to copy them first.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Jonesy127

“I want to back these up so they'll hopefully never be lost, and store them on my PC”
    -----------------------------------------

Can one assume the programs,tapes, disks are Not Copy Protected

[never] is the key word and is hopeful What if the PC or HDD Failt
    Sounds as you want to archive the programs but alsoview them quickly from a PC HDD

Copy To a disk that has good media [you will get Many opinions on disk quality]
    The disks can be saved after copied to the PC

The VOB Extension files in your unit may be JPG and the Extension can be changed.
    A program as Power DVD in a PC will play either
    Quote Quote