VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a m2ts with LPCM 5.1 and Dolby 5.1 (448kbps). Since my AV receiver doesn't support LPCM, I have converted the LPCM to DTS file using eac3to. I want to add this DTS track in place of the Dolby (448kbps) of the m2ts video file. Kindly suggest me the method or program to remux without touching the video of the m2ts.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have tried tsmuxer, after I first added the m2ts and then adding the DTS file it shows error message "Can't detect stream type".....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Are you sure you have a valid DTS file ? It works for me. Use the tsmuxer beta 1.8.24 or later
    Quote Quote  
  4. I tried tsMuxer beta 1.8.24 but still getting error msg "Can't detect stream type". Let me start from scratch. Pls guide the best method to convert the LPCM in a m2ts file to DTS and will try remuxing with tsMuxer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. That error message occurs when you don't have a valid file type i.e. there is likely something wrong with your dts encode. Check the eac3to log file for more info.

Do you have surcode, for dts encoding ? Eac3to will use it automatically, and it is required

Can you play the dts file in a media player? e.g. mpc, vlc, mplayer ?

What does mediainfo say about your dts file?

EDIT: yes you're right, the header information written by the eac3to output is not read correctly by tsmuxer. It works with other .dts files...

OK, Here's a workaround: you can re-wrap the eac3to .dts file with mkvmerge. If it's only audio, it will use "mka" extension, you have to rename to "mkv", then tsmuxer will accept it and it will work with a remux

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    That error message occurs when you don't have a valid file type i.e. there is likely something wrong with your dts encode. Check the eac3to log file for more info.

Do you have surcode, for dts encoding ? Eac3to will use it automatically, and it is required

Can you play the dts file in a media player? e.g. mpc, vlc, mplayer ?

What does mediainfo say about your dts file?

EDIT: yes you're right, the header information written by the eac3to output is not read correctly by tsmuxer. It works with other .dts files...

OK, Here's a workaround: you can re-wrap the eac3to .dts file with mkvmerge. If it's only audio, it will use "mka" extension, you have to rename to "mkv", then tsmuxer will accept it and it will work with a remux

Cheers
    Thanks for your input and I followed your method. But now after adding both the m2ts and mka file and then selecting the output as m2ts and on clicking on "start muxing" (in both versions: 1.8.8 and 1.8.24beta) it gives error message "Unsupported container format: E:\s-audio.mka".
    Pls help....
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    When I use TsMuxer on DTS-HD discs the audio is not recognizable by BD Rebuilder

eac3to's audio output of TrueHD is not recognizable by BD Rebuilder

I use TsMuxer on TrueHD

I use TsRemux on DTS-HD

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by eummagic
    Thanks for your input and I followed your method. But now after adding both the m2ts and mka file and then selecting the output as m2ts and on clicking on "start muxing" (in both versions: 1.8.8 and 1.8.24beta) it gives error message "Unsupported container format: E:\s-audio.mka".
    Pls help....
    Please re-read my instructions above: you have to rename extension .mkv from .mka.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks.....I missed that step....it is now working fine.....Thanks once again!
    Quote Quote