VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, there seem to be a lot of tutorials on motion menus so I'm hoping someone can just quickly point me in the right direction here. What I'm doing is using DVDLab pro to recreate a DVD that includes motion menus. The main menu is motion, it includes the characters. Once you select anything, one of the characters jumps out at the screen at you and then you are taken to your selection (episode select menu, main feature, etc). I have everything demuxed and imported into DVDLab Pro. Now how do I recreate that character jumping out at you every time something is selected? Would I link to that video of him jumping and then have the video go to where ever the person selected? Or is there an easier, more proper way to do this and I just don't know what it's called? Thanks for any help in advance, everyone on this board has helped me so much in the past and I really appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For what you are talking about, yes, you have to link to each intermediate scene when a button is pressed, and have that link to the next menu or title. The DVD specification is actually a pretty simplistic thing, and very unsophisticated when it comes to putting these things together. There will be pauses and noticeable changes between menus, and you just have to live with that.

If you wanted something to happen as the user moves up and down a menu then you need ot look at switched menus, which are also well covered at the MediaChnace site.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote