VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,

Here is my problem. Recently I cannot capture video without it telling me I have a "corrupt header".

System:
    WinXP SP2
    DVStorm2 Pro capture card
    ScenalyzerLive 4.0
    Canon XL1
    Premiere Pro CS3

I have been capturing video for years without a problem. Yesterday after I captured video using ScenalyzerLive, I went to view it in WMP 11 and got errors. I cannot import the video into Premiere Pro CS3 either. I can open, view, and import video that I captured just last month using this process. I have done something to my system but cannot figure out what. I uninstalled my Canopus DVStorm2 drivers and re-installed them but it still won't capture correctly.

I used my daughters computer this morning and was able to capture the video from my Canon XL1 using firewire and Windows Movie Maker. No problems. I can even copy the video to my computer and view it.

So, all headers are being corrupted during the capture process. I used GSpot to analyze the AVI files. Also, if I try to use Premiere Pro or Windows Movie Maker to capture the video they tell me I am offline. When I use ScenalyzerLive, I can actually see and hear the video in the window as I am capturing it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kurt

Quote Quote  
  2. try skipping the capture card and sclive. use windv through the firewire and see if you can capture to type 2 avi. plug in the cam start windv click config set to type II, discontinuity 0, max avi size 1,000,000. see tf the resulting avi is ok.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the tip. I did just receive an email from SClive support. They said the problem was my Kaspersky Antivirus. I put SCLive in my trusted program list and now all works fine.
    Quote Quote