VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have two video files from the two cameras that i used to record stereo (3d), and i want to put these these two synchronized files and one audio track into a single container for playback in a stereoscopic player, anyone know of a container format that supports two simultaneous video streams?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can do it with Avisynth and scripting, using the stackhorizontal() command

Left=Avisource("YourLeftVideo.avi")
    Right=Avisource("YourRightVideo.avi")
    stackhorizontal(left,right)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But isnt that just shrinking two video files into the frame of one video? Like for say you had two 1280x1080 videos, by putting them side by side, are you not putting them into one 1080p video, or does the resulting video become 2560x2160?
    Quote Quote  
  4. It is putting them into the same video, but the resulting resolution is 2560x1080. (Twice as wide but same height). I'm not familiar with stereoscopic players so I don't know if that's what you want or not.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have a look at the site www.stereoscopy.com there might be some useful info there.
    "Just another sheep boy, duck call, swan
    song, idiot son of donkey kong - Julian Cope"
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sorry to dredge this older thread up, but I just noticed this topic which I am probably one of the few to be able to answer...

I suggest that you:

1. Get a copy of Peter Wimmer's Stereoscopic Player (pay for the registered version, it's worth it), also get a copy of his Windows Media Stereo Muxer.
    2. Follow the steps on how to encode and mux both separate Left & Right video streams in Windows Media Encoder
    3. Follow the steps on how to mux L+R video streams + audio stream into a single stereoscopic WMV file.
    4. Play this WMV in this player, setup your preferred output/display format, and GO!

The beauty of doing it this way is that if someone plays this file in a standard (not stereo3D-aware) player, they will see only a standard 2D version. (NO weird visuals). Plus, it gives you the highest quality/resolution Master possible for a compressed file format (AFA stereo3D reproduction is concerned).

You could also try making a dual-stream AVI, using this tool that I'm hosting: http://www.cornucopiadm.com/goodies/avimux.exe. If you need help with the muxing, PM me.
    Note that the most recent version of Stereoscopic Player is supposed to support dual-muxed AVI file format as well, but I haven't been successful in getting a movie to work with it (but then again, I haven't done much testing yet).

Hope that helps,
    Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    UPDATE!

I've just completed creating a Frontend GUI for WMVMux, called "SterescopicWMVMuxer". It's built on the FroG XML-based RAD platform, so you'll also have to download this as well.

Here's my app: stereoscopicwmvmuxer.zip

and here's the link for FroG: http://tinytools.objective-view.de/Tools/FroG?userlang=en

Follow the readme's. You'll be able to mux dualstream WMV's in no time!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well done! I don't have a need for it at the moment, but it's a great addition to the toolkit.
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote