VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I'm not new to video editing. To make a long story short I am from the oldschool way of doing things deck to deck. Anyways I am trying to catch up to people and am still learning NLE. It was a snap when working for the news since I never had to add graphics and lower thirds to my work. It was all cuts and insert editing. I have been working with a guy doing wedding video's for a while. He has another guy edit them since I'm not up to speed on the new tech.

I'm going to post a website here and hopefully someone will look at what he did menu wise and graphics wise and tell me where I might find the stuff to do it or how to make my own graphics. Any hep getting me up to speed would be appriciated. I am pretty good with the actual ingesting, editing and burning process. Not so much on the graphics, effects and menus.

heres the link, please have a look at the samples and see if you can get me started.

http://www.b-n-b-discjockeys.com/index.htm

Thanks everybody!

Joe
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Honest opinion ? I would not buy services from someone who used that web site (or anything that tacky and low quality). Especially when those services were in some type of creative or artistic area.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The guys website is totally cheesy, I know. I'm just trying to figure out what the graphics for the video are and such. I would like to be able to do similar but since all I really know well is linear its a whole "experience" trying to learn something new.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From the video samples it looks like he has bought one many pre-built wedding packages. These can be found via google, and usually comprise some lower thirds, pre-packaged graphics and menu templates.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think two of the effects dance and cake - are easy to do in Pinnacle. Remember that the text can be added using transitions as well as video (it is text overlay using some transition). The high contrast dancers is original footage which has been adjusted for colour/contrast. The circular frame effect is a shape added in the text edit menu. The cake looks like a sprite cut from original footage and moved using pan and zoom. These are all simple tools just used / combined in ways that a beginner may not think of.

I wouldn't rush out to copy it though!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have some better suggestions then on what I my get started with developing iy own technique as I learn NLE?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you clarify that last post please.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The video sample on his website is NOTHING. Its just a video stock that he purchased. And as far as the effects go. All NLE sw will give you such effects.

I too used to edit with analog machines (Videonics) But, that was 10 years ago. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Quote Quote