VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a m2ts file that is a little too big for a DVD9. So I made a split with TSmuxeR of 4 GB. That resulted in 3 splits but the last one is only 160Mb and contains only the end titeling of the film. So I threw that away. I burnt with Nero the two remaining splits on 2 DVD5's and the 1st one playes fine but the 2nd one refuses to play on my Panasonic BD30 player. Sometimes my player says: Incompatible disk and other times it says Reading and repeats that endlessly or the player stops with the counter on 000000! I tried different ways to make it play (within TSmuxeR) but nothing helps!
    What am I doing wrong or what fails?????
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you author 2 different blu-ray structures (not just m2ts) ?
    Burn UDF 2.5 ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I did. At first I used the original bluray structure from the large file . I simply replaced the large m2ts with the first split and burnt that! Works fine. Later I made a new structure for the second split, burnt that but it wont play! Placing the second split in the original structure doesn't help.
    Also: providing both splits with a new bluray structure gives the same result. 1st split playes, 2nd split won't!
    BTW: Both splits (DVD) play fine with VLC mediaplayer!!
    NOW I"M LOST!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I now split the file at 8400MB, so that the last split is only 155MB (end titeling) which I threw away.
    The first split now fits on a DVD9. So in tmuxer I made a new bluray structure and burnt the whole thing to DVD9.
    The stupid thing won't play!!!!!!
    Question: Is there a way to analyze this DVD and compare it to one that does play?
    Anyone??
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Possible problems:
    1) It's possible that your DVD player simply will not play DL media. I have a friend who has such a player. I think it's also a Panasonic but I don't remember the model number.
    2) You are using bad media. The ONLY reliable DL media is Verbatim DVD+R DL discs. If you are using anything else, you DO NOT have reliable media.
    3) Something is wrong with your split and/or authoring process.

Note that BluRay players are very fussy about playing BluRay on DVD-5 and DVD-9 and some won't do it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I read something on the internet the other day that after splitting files with tsmuxer it sometimes happens that the first videoframes in de new split are corrupted. There was only that remark but there was no explanation.
    Anyone who has an answer???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might try HDBDSplitter to split the original file,then use TSmuxer to author a BD file structure.
    Quote Quote