VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I capture using the Hauppauge HD-PVR, and I am having trouble editing the .ts files that are outputted by it. I need the files in 1080p resolution, so from my knowledge converting won't work. But what I need to be able to do is cut out small clips out of a large file, and for an example of this, think of cutting select highlights from a sporting event. The problem is I cannot find a program that will cut the files that the HD-PVR puts out while keeping the resolution what I need.

I have tried the MPEG Wizard and DVD Wizard from Womble, and they do a great job of doing the HD, but they do not recognize my audio. This may be because I have the trial version, I don't know.

I also tried other programs such as h.264 cutter and HDTVtoMPEG2, but none of these work. If anyone has any help to offer, I would be extremely grateful. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by p2k247
    I capture using the Hauppauge HD-PVR, and I am having trouble editing the .ts files that are outputted by it. I need the files in 1080p resolution, so from my knowledge converting won't work. But what I need to be able to do is cut out small clips out of a large file, and for an example of this, think of cutting select highlights from a sporting event. The problem is I cannot find a program that will cut the files that the HD-PVR puts out while keeping the resolution what I need.

I have tried the MPEG Wizard and DVD Wizard from Womble, and they do a great job of doing the HD, but they do not recognize my audio. This may be because I have the trial version, I don't know.

I also tried other programs such as h.264 cutter and HDTVtoMPEG2, but none of these work. If anyone has any help to offer, I would be extremely grateful. Thank you.
    I too have the Hauppauge HD-PVR, and has found the best program to edit, join & error correction of the the captured .ts files is the TS Packet Editor. You can download the program from www.bitstreamtools.com for a trial period of 45 days.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by p2k247
    I need the files in 1080p resolution, so from my knowledge converting won't work. But what I need to be able to do is cut out small clips out of a large file
    By no means an expert, but it may be more advisable to go from 1080i to 720p. If you want progreessive frames, just capture in 720p and just edit your clips with TS Packet Editor or H264TS Cutter (which works for me to do simple cuts). Just a thought.
    Quote Quote