VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi my name is Dan and I was referred to this site by the people at Pinnacle becuase the Pinnacle Movie Box Ultimate which we bought does not seem to work for our application and they thought I might find an answer here. Hopefully someone reading has a suggestion.
    I am working with a Martial Artists who teaches self defense using a pretty common everyday cane and he is quite the expert. We have access to a very high quality H264 based live streaming platform that uses the the Adobe Media Encoder 2.5 and we want to broadcast live cane self defense classes across the net. The problem is that we can't seem to interface his JVC GZ-MG360B to work with the adobe 2.5 media encoder (required) so that it can detect video and audio. The camera has USB out and RCA/Composite out (not firewire) and when we used Pinnacle with RCA out to the Pinnacle and USB into a Vista 32 bit OS, the Adobe Encoder saw the video but not the audio. It has been suggested that we simply take the RCA audio out and bypass the Pinnacle and use a YConnector into the Mic in on the PC. We have yet to try this and before we did I thought about going where the experience is and posting a question here.

Dan

PS: The GZ-MG360B is a hard drive based camera.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Daniel Latrimurti
    The Filmmakers Channel
    Www.TheFilmmakersChannel.com
    Quote Quote  
  2. Missing audio is a common problem with USB capture from camcorders or external USB capture devices. The supplied drivers don't split the audio from the multiplexed A/V USB stream. That is left to the editing software. Unfortunately, since you want to stream you're not using the editing software.

Yes, you can run the audio directly from the camcorder to the computer's sound card but you will likely run into sync problems. The USB video will be delayed relative to the audio. That is OK if your streaming software allows you to adjust this. Otherwise, you will be better off using a camcorder with firewire or a quality webcam.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was afraid this was going to be the issue. Do you know of any hardware pieces we can put in the middle between the AV out on the Camera that will render firewire going into the computer?
    Daniel Latrimurti
    The Filmmakers Channel
    Quote Quote  
  4. You could use something like an Canopus ADVC 110. But it might be cheaper to buy a new camcorder. And the camcorder via firewire would give better image quality (assuming a decent camcorder). S-video is a step down in quality from full D1 firewire. Composite is two steps down. Of course, streaming video will probably be three or four steps down so it may not matter. If you go with a new camcorder I would recommend one with a 29.97 fps progressive mode for best streaming quality.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just want to thank jagabo for his great recommendation on Canopus.
    It is a bit pricey but it will hopefully fit the bill. I will try to remember to update this thread after I get it up and running.
    Once again I tip my hat with thanks to jagabo for the prompt informative and very helpful reply.
    Daniel Latrimurti
    The Filmmakers Channel
    Quote Quote  
  6. You're welcome. Hope it works out well for you.
    Quote Quote