VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a few DVD's of a multiple disc set that seem to glitch during payback. The majority playback just fine but a few are unwatchable because the glitching is just too annoying. Would it be any help to re-author, re-burn or convert these few DVD's to a different format to correct this glitching? Or is the original uncorrectable? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    home burned dvdr/ws?
    glitch during playback both on your computer and standalone dvd player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. details please,,where in the world are you-have you tried more than one dvd player, the disc surfaces look stratched / damaged?
    whats the band of dvd player and model and how old is it?

Tried a lens cleaner?

Which dvd set is it and was it shop bought?
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, glitching on multiple playback DVD players as well as on the computer. The Discs are brand new but 3 of the 21 Disc set just simply have this glitching and are unwatchable.

Where in the world? Umm... not sure exactly what you mean but I'll just say... here, at my home. I tried reburning these 3 onto new Verbatim discs using Nero, but made no difference.

The 21 disc set is of a TV show called "The Practice" where there are about 8 episodes on each disc. The set was purchased online at TVDVDMania.com and which of course they won't even answer my e mails about the problem. Most playback fine but the treee just are unwatcable and was hoping I could re-author (or something) these to make them watchable.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is there a way I could post one of the episodes on line to demonstrate this glitching?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Dylan McDermott stars?,,the american show.

The reason this information is useful is to give you good advice, if it is that show, the set you have is not an official release and therefore we know it has been burnt not pressed.

Knowing that means they probbaly used cheap media, you may be lucky and can copy them to better media, are the discs surfaces clean, no finger prints etc.

Sorry but when you buy from a source like that is a risk
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, this is true. Yes, the Dylan M series. I was hoping I could try and correct it by re-burning but probably the old adage will apply; "garbage in, garbage out."
    Quote Quote  
  8. you could try dvd fab decrpyter or https://www.videohelp.com/tools/ISOBuster

Make sure nothing else is running on your computer and one of these will probably get most of the data, then use good media, TY/Verbatim to burn and also do a backkup of the whole set.

Out of interest get the media code and let us know.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The SKU is simply 70 Titled THE PRACTICE DVD COLLECTION. I did try VSO ConvertXtoDVD and as I was converting log was showing theat "Audio discrepacncy - Audio Segments missing. I'm assuming that's what was causing the A/V glitches. I'll give ISO buster a shot though I've never used it before.
    Quote Quote  
  10. use the old dvd decrypter and it will tell you the media code for the chepa crappy media they used !
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    Quote Quote