VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows a virtualdub filter that will let you fade out a video. but instead if entering the frame to start the fade it will let you specify how many frames (like last 100) to fade, last 3 secs

I want to use VDubs job control to compress a directory of videos and add a fade in and fade out to each video. All the other filters i found for fading you must specify the frame to start the fade out. I was wondering if there are any filters that will fade the last 3 seconds of a video so I don't have to open each video and add it separately to the job control. I would rather save processor settings in do a whole directory at once.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can wrap the files in Avisynth AVS files, then process the avs

Install Avisynth.

The following adds a 90 frame fadein and a 90 frame fadeout

Save the line below as Process.bat, then execute in your AVI folder

for %%a in ("*.avi") do @echo avisource("%%a").fadein(90).fadeout(90) > "%%~na.avs"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I knew someone would say use Avisyth but I have no idea how to use it.

So let's say I have a directory G:Edit

It has 165 movie files with all different names.

I want to compress using DivX Pro 6.8 Encoding preset 5 1pass quality based.

I also want to fade in the first 50 frames and fade out the last 50 frames.

Can you tell me exactly how to make the AVS file to do that to every video in that directory and load it into virtualdubs Job control so it can do while i sleep?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not really . I can help you create the "wrapper" for the AVI files so they'll all have fadein and fadeouts, but the processing via DivX is out of my area of expertise. Fortunately, there are many others around here who do know how
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok...let's forget the DivX..I created all the avs files....now...how can U use them to load into batch processing in VDub
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    EDIT:
    Okay nevermind, you want something that will automatically know where to fade at the start and end without you having to set it.

I use this filter for doing that, if i understand what you are trying to describe...

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Soopafresh I think I just figured it out..but can you show me how to change the script so the Process.bin does not have to be in the same folder as the files. But it will record were the files are...so the AVS will have the full path of the file location
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Noahtuck, I have that filter...but unfortunately you have to enter the frame number for each movie individually. Since allt he moves have a different amount of frames the fade will either start too early..too late....or never show

e.g. Let's say movie 1 has 100 frames and I start the fade at fram 90 and end at 100

Movie 2 has 50 frames. If the leave the setting from Movie 1 the fade will not start until frame 90 (but the movie will end before frame 90)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Soopafresh

basically your bath file works perfect for me if it can record the full file location. I uded it to creat this avs file

avisource(""Movie1.avi"").fadein(50).fadeout(50)

but can you show me how to change it so it records the full path of the movie
    i.e
    avisource(""G:\TobeEdited\Movie1.avi"").fadein(50) .fadeout(50)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nevermind..I figured it out Soopafresh got me in the right direction
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Full path is like this:

for %%a in ("*.avi") do @echo avisource("%%~fa").fadein(90).fadeout(90) > "%%~na".avs

You still have to run the batch file in the same folder as the AVI files, but the AVS will look like this:

avisource("E:\avifiles\8.avi").fadein(90).fadeout( 90)
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks alot!
    Quote Quote