VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everybody!
    I have been using SubtitleCreator to make subs for a DVD.

However, I have a big problem which I have no idea how to solve.
    I am trying to prepare the subtitle for a DVD film. After conversion (to sup) all the subtitles on the notebook screen look fine.

When I burn the film on DVD and play it on my DVD player on my full HD plasma TV - a big problem appears. Some of the subtitles appear to be “jittery” “striped” I don’t know how to call it (flicker?). It is horizontally. I don’t know what to do. They are simple not sharp.

Please advise me what to do. I have tried to use the anti-flicker render filter but to no effect. Actually I have used all the render filters .
    The effect is always the same: some subtitles are OK while the others have the the problems.
    The dvd is NTSC , I am using 2.3 b version of the program.

Does this problem have something in common with interlacing? Is there any problem that result from that interlacing?

Many thanks ina advance for any hints and help.

Best Regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi there!

I have used Subtitle Creator for a long time now while making DVDs as well..though I have never had the same problem as you...

but you can try to open your .VOB files in DVDSubEdit (after created DVD folder) and see how the subtitles look like.

For example I always need to change the subtitles color to "normal" (white-black) after each creation of DVD (even if I can see them white-black in SubtitleCreator)

cheers

michcio
    take a look at my DVD-authoring guide :)

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353434.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. In DVDSubEdit, the subtitles seem to be OK.

As I wrote earlier, some of them on tv are also good. Unfortunately the others not.

Maybe the problem lies in the size and the colour of the font. This may make some of the subtiles look bad while being interlaced.

I really don't know what font and size to look for. Please help!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can anyone please advise me alternative to SubtitleCreator?

It can be even commercial software. Anything that could help me try in a different way.

I have already tried srt2sup but it is not effective and makes errors in timings.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know this is an old thread, but I've had the same problem.
    You can try turning OFF anti-flicker. I found that reduced the problem.

You might also want to install an older version of SubtitleCreator. I never saw the problem before my most recent upgrade. Try v2.2, that seems to be ok.
    Quote Quote