VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I like Kmplayer the most from video players but it doesn't work in full mode on my TV. It work in maximized windows but then I can see the toolbar When I want full screen = black screen.
    I am using now Gom player and it works in full screen but I would like to make KMPlayer work also.
    Any idea what's wrong?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would play around with the display modes int he player. Whichever one you are using at the moment doesn't appear to like the overlay
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    I would play around with the display modes int he player. Whichever one you are using at the moment doesn't appear to like the overlay
    How can I do that? Where do I find the options?
    I've tried all the full screen modes, none of them work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can change the render on the fly by right-clicking on the KM Player screen and selecting Video (Advanced) -> Video Renderer and trying differents ones until you find one that works. You can then make this the default render in Options.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    You can change the render on the fly by right-clicking on the KM Player screen and selecting Video (Advanced) -> Video Renderer and trying differents ones until you find one that works. You can then make this the default render in Options.
    Do I need to choose one in particular? As default I had : Overlay Mixer
    I tried changing and apparently it works...Thanks guns1inger!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have again problems with KMplayer. Now it doesn't work in full mode not even on my pc.
    I tried finding video but no luck...
    I tried also with windows media player and not even that works...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Check these settings:

Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Check these settings:

I did now, should I leave them like in your photo?
    Quote Quote  
  9. That (Do Nothing, Current) is the way I have them set.

I just noticed that you said WMP doesn't work either. You probably need to update your graphics card's drivers.

But in KMPlayer you can also try setting the renderer device:

The VMR or Overlay Mixer settings are usualy best. DirectDraw RGB will probably work but is not optimal (higher CPU usage, no overlay proc amp controls, no VMR shaders, etc).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jagabo
    That (Do Nothing, Current) is the way I have them set.

I just noticed that you said WMP doesn't work either. You probably need to update your graphics card's drivers.

But in KMPlayer you can also try setting the renderer device:

The VMR or Overlay Mixer settings are usualy best. DirectDraw RGB will probably work but is not optimal (higher CPU usage, no overlay proc amp controls, no VMR shaders, etc).
    thanks for the tip. now kmplayer works but wmp still doesn't work in full scree mode.
    I've upgraded the graphic card drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  11. WMP: Tools -> Option -> Video Acceleration -> Advanced...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jagabo
    WMP: Tools -> Option -> Video Acceleration -> Advanced...
    I have the wmp classic from K-lite codec packs. is it the same?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by alintatoc
    I have the wmp classic from K-lite
    I don't know what player that is but Klite has probably screwed up your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Originally Posted by alintatoc
    I have the wmp classic from K-lite
    I don't know what player that is but Klite has probably screwed up your computer.
    why do you say that? is it a bad codec pack?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Klite is well know for causing problems. It is a collection of bits and pieces of many different codecs. It installs dozens, even hundreds of different components, many of which are not compatible with each other. It doesn't uninstall cleanly.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Klite is well know for causing problems. It is a collection of bits and pieces of many different codecs. It installs dozens, even hundreds of different components, many of which are not compatible with each other. It doesn't uninstall cleanly.
    Thanks for sharing the information. Any recommendation?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by alintatoc
    Any recommendation?
    I don't think your blank full screen video problem is really related to KLite. But...

I'd start by uninstalling KLite. Re-register Quartz.dll (Microsoft's big filter module) from the command line (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt) by typing:

Code:
    RegSvr32 "C:\Windows\system32\quartz.dll"
    You can use filter managers like Radlight Filter Manager or FilMerit to clean up any broken filters. Hope that all that is enough to restore your system for playing video. In a worst case you scenario you will have to format your boot drive and reinstall Windows.

Then use players with built-in codecs. Players like Media Player Classic Home Cinema (my current favorite), KMPlayer, and VLC. These have most of the decoders you will need for playing video/audio files.

If you need particular codecs or file splitters find reliable sources (you don't want to install a trojan) and install only those you really need. If you need a wide variety of decoders for audio and video ffdshow is a good choice. It is one (really three, one for VFW video, one for DirectShow video, and one for audio) big codec that can handle many different formats and it is easy to enable or disable individual components.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Originally Posted by alintatoc
    Any recommendation?
    I don't think your blank full screen video problem is really related to KLite. But...

I'd start by uninstalling KLite. Re-register Quartz.dll (Microsoft's big filter module) from the command line (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt) by typing:

Code:
    RegSvr32 "C:\Windows\system32\quartz.dll"
    You can use filter managers like Radlight Filter Manager or FilMerit to clean up any broken filters. Hope that all that is enough to restore your system for playing video. In a worst case you scenario you will have to format your boot drive and reinstall Windows.

Then use players with built-in codecs. Players like Media Player Classic Home Cinema (my current favorite), KMPlayer, and VLC. These have most of the decoders you will need for playing video/audio files.

If you need particular codecs or file splitters find reliable sources (you don't want to install a trojan) and install only those you really need. If you need a wide variety of decoders for audio and video ffdshow is a good choice. It is one (really three, one for VFW video, one for DirectShow video, and one for audio) big codec that can handle many different formats and it is easy to enable or disable individual components.
    Thank you very much for the good explanation! I really appreciate it!
    I uninstalled Klite and now seems that it works well, hopefully it will stay like this. I like KMPlayer the most because it has a better audio then the other players, in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  
  19. One more problem with KMPlayer, the image of all videos is small, take a look at the picture
    Quote Quote  
  20. KMPlayer has many settings that control the size of the window and the size of the video in that window. Try right clicking on the player while playing and select Screen Controls -> Keep Video Frame To -> Window Size (Default). If that doesn't work the program's preferences has many controls over the window and video size when opening and playing videos. Fiddle with them.
    Quote Quote