VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi ....i desperately need someone to help me on how to extract frames from a video file. Thanks

2. Depends on the file format, but Media Player Classic or Media Player Classic Home Cinema, among many others, can capture a frame with File->Save Image. Most video players have some sort of image save feature.

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the reply manono, the video extension is .rec. i record it through a video conference software, then i need to extraxt frames of this video. Do you have a recomendation ? Thanks

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Baldrick

4. You might have mentioned the kind of video it is. In your other thread a couple of suggestions were made that might help. I have no idea at all what a REC file is.

5. Open the file in mediainfo (view=>text) post the information

You can renaming the extension manually to something like .mpg, or .avi

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the response poisondeathray, i've tried to use mediainfo to rename/export .rec file into .avi or .wav, however the windows media player can not recognize the video result. Would you please help me about it. i need to analyse the quality of this .rec video using a quality measurement tool, unfortunately, this tool doesn't work with .rec file. so i need to be able to play/edit this file and extract its frames to be analysed. thanks

Search Comp PM
    mediainfo is the analysis tool, and it will tell you, if it can, what the format of the video is. It may be a proprietary format if it comes from a conferencing system. What system is it ?
    Read my blog here.

8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    PLEASE STOP make new topic about your .rec problem. Continue in https://forum.videohelp.com/topic364707.html