VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. For some reason all the bluray dvds I play on my pc play at the slow 25 fps framerate, so I can clearly see the separate frames, which is a bit annoying.

What do I need to do to make it play at 50 or 60 fps, like they do on the display TVs at best buy?
    I have a new 2.5ghz dual core processor , 4gb ram and a decent video card. Is that enough computer power?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Obamargarine
    For some reason all the bluray dvds I play on my pc play at the slow 25 fps framerate, so I can clearly see the separate frames, which is a bit annoying.

What do I need to do to make it play at 50 or 60 fps, like they do on the display TVs at best buy?
    I have a new 2.5ghz dual core processor , 4gb ram and a decent video card. Is that enough computer power?

thanks
    Most movies are native 24p. Your player or TV (depending on settings) will play 24p with 2x frame repeats (50Hz) or 4x frame interpolation or repeats to 100Hz.

Computer playback depends on your software player or display card. LCD computer monitors usually refresh @60Hz. In the simplest 24p playback mode the display card will non-sync sample at 60Hz.. This may result in an uneven frame repeat of 2 or 3 samples per film frame.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. You could use the same techniques HDTVs use to synthesize in between frames (AviSynth has filters that do this, SmoothFPS for example) and get the same kind of artifacts. You will spend hour reencoding your videos though.
    Quote Quote