VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. Some avi files have no sound when I play them with MPC. There's no problem with other players (WMP, VLC). MediaInfo says they are normal DivX vids with MP3 audio stream and GSpot says there are 4 compatible codecs installed. Even MPC "finds" the audio stream (audio1) but won't play the sound. What could be the problem? I've tried already to disable/enable the internal audio switcher without success. Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try uninstalling / reinstalling mpc
    Quote Quote  
  3. Make sure MPC's MPEG audio decoder is enabled. Also try MPCHC. It has many more internal decoders and many other improvements.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's no installation for MPC (stand-alone executable). I've even tried older versions, same problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPEG audio is enabled. I've tried MPCHC, still the same problem.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Check the MPEG Audio filters settings (double click on it to bring up the options dialog).

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @jagabo
    Yep, I got the same settings. Played around with them but to no avail.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Under View -> Options -> Playback -> Output -- try the different DirectShow Audio settings.

Under View -> Options -> Internal Filters -> Audio Switcher -- try the different options.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jagabo. Most of the (former mute) avi's have sound now. I checked what they all had in common and they were mostly monophonic. So I activated "Enable custom channel mapping" in Audio Switcher and the sound is working now. But I don't understand why some (stereo) avi's still have no sound in MPC while they work perfectly fine in other players?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by DraWing
    Thanks jagabo. Most of the (former mute) avi's have sound now. I checked what they all had in common and they were mostly monophonic. So I activated "Enable custom channel mapping" in Audio Switcher and the sound is working now. But I don't understand why some (stereo) avi's still have no sound in MPC while they work perfectly fine in other players?
    Do you have a karaoke filter in your audio device? Make sure it's turned off.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No karaoke filter. Anyway, 98% of the avi's have sound now in MPC. Thanks a lot for your help!
    Quote Quote