VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I'm a total newbie in making DVD movies, and this site is very helpful to me (THANK YOU). However, I can't find the specific solution to my troubles in making DVD. Every other post is unique to the problem of its owner.

I have no problem copying DVD to DVD. I've got DVD Decrypter and it works well for me. Point is, I know the basic. Lately my attention is on VCDs and I decided to transfer them to DVDs. With Nero Vision Express, I could do that.

Now here's my issue: I wish to copy my movies from VCD to DVD and add subtitles, which I get from external sources like www.subscene.com.

So far, here's what I know how to do:
    - Extract DAT files using Nero
    - Extract MPG files using ISOBuster
    - Create DVD menu in Nero or DVD Lab Pro
    - Import assets into DVD Lab Pro + subtitle (.srt)

I have so many troubles!

1 --- I can't preview the whole movie in DVD lab pro. After the software has converted the MPG files into MPVs (video) and MP2s (audio), and made subtitles (SP1) out of my SRTs, DVD Lab Pro only plays the video on its preview screen. No audio. No subtitle. What am I doing wrong?

2 ---- I'm worried that the audio and subtitle would not sync perfectly so I tried fixing them in SubtitleCreator. The program doesn't open MPG files! So I had to get IFOs out of my VCD. I used the software SVCD2DVD to do that... opened them in SubtitleCreator... and now the video is playing but the subtitles don't show on the preview screen! Gosh.

PLEASE HELP! I only wish to compile VCD movies and subtitles into 1 DVD. I don't know a lot of things, but I have a huge collection of full-version movie-making softwares. I've got:
    - Nero 7 Essentials
    - DVD Decrypter
    - DVD Shrink
    - Alcohol 120%
    - DVD Lab Pro
    - ISOBuster
    - SVCD2DVD
    - SubtitleCreator
    - CinemaCraft

Please tell me what I lack and/or what I need to do. You can treat me like a dummy, I don't care. Just help me please. THANK YOU in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD lab is fine. It has a plug in ProEX. You can import video and audio from your project and make subtitles in there. It will export them back and they will be in sync.
    Using SubtitleCreator I found after import, the subs are out of sync and it is not easy to correct them later since Lab preview does not have a sound.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What does ProEx do exactly? I can’t find any information about what it is, even on mediachance. But hey, thanks, i think ima try it.

So are u suggesting that SubtitleCreator is not helpful to my problem? That I just use DVD Lab Pro with ProEx instead?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ProEx is a plug in for DVD Lab. You can go on Mediachance web site and download the latest version from there.
    I have been using Lab for a while so I do not know how latest version is distributed, but mine always had ProEX there.
    It is one of the icons in upper tool bar.
    I had a problem with SubtitleCreatot with subs being out of sync and had hard time to sync them later in Lab.
    ProEX is much better, it may take a little while to get used to it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Guess what? Last night I finally burned my DVD and it's OK.

Here's what I did:
    - Extracted the video files using ISOBuster
    - Synchronized subtitle and video in SubtitleWorkshop
    - Imported them all in DVD Lab Pro
    - Made menu
    - Compiled
    - Tested it in PowerDVD (all good)
    - Burn!

Yay. Problem solved.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM