I've gotten through the transfer of about 8 family VHS tapes to DVD, thanks largely to advise I've gotten from this forum. But I'm not even half way through and I've run into a problem I'm hoping someone can suggest a fix for.

I've got a couple of tapes where the camera I had at the time produced video that will pulse light and dark, in about 1 second intervals. I made the tapes many years ago and I had forgotten about the strobing. I discovered that it occurred when I had the camera pointed at something bright, and I learned to control it by changing the zoom level. So I've only got the strobing on a couple of tapes, and it's not the whole tape either.

Is there any kind of a filter or program I could use that takes this strobing video in and produces a steady output?

I think this sounds like the Macrovision strobe that I've heard about, but I swear the cause was the camera in this case.

Thanks for any ideas you may offer.
I attached a small clip to demonstrate the problem I've called strobing, but that may not be the correct name for it.

Tim

strobe%20from%20vhs%209-8-4.mpg