VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an Optiarc 7530A ATA DVD on my laptop and for a while I could successfully convert and burn AVI files to DVD and play them on my DVD player. Now they don't work. Its not the player b/c the old DVDs still work and the blank DVD-Rs are from the same spindle as the working ones. I used ConvertxtoDVD and have also tried DVD Santa and Power2Go DVD. All give me the same playback error on the DVD player. THey usually playback on the computer.
    I burn to NTSC format. I've tried burning at various speeds, and different sized files. NOthing works!
    I think its the DVD drive itself but I can't figure this one out.
    If you can help I'd appreciate it!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would anyway try with another dvd brand and maybe also dvd+r or dvd-rw/+rw.

I guess original dvds work just fine?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll try that although its a DVD recorder and when I insert the same blank DVD-Rs in there it records on them fine. I bought a huge spindle at Costco and its the only ones I've been using since I started burning. I do suspect a problem with the DVD drive, but I cannot figure out what the heck it could be!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It could be your laptop burner. Burners DO good bad, despite consumers believing that they will last forever. It could be your media. Bad media gives poorer results. It could be that your DVD recorder is simply getting old. Or some combo of those things.

Try burning at a slower speed. That sometimes fixes playback problems and that's an easy thing to try.
    Quote Quote