When my laptop crashed a few weeks ago, I had an Adobe Premiere Pro project that I had not finished. I was using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5.

I did not know whether Premiere Pro 1.5 project would open in CS4 and even if it did, would the files be affected in anyways?

Also, I had a digital voice recorder that I used to record my professor's lectures. Sony told me that it would not work with Vista.

So I went through all the research to downgrade from Windows Vista to XP. I even purchased the Windows XP Home SP2 retail CD.

However, I connected the voice recorder to the computer and it worked with Vista.
Then I downloaded a trial of Premiere Pro CS4 and I was able to open my Premiere Pro 1.5 project in Premiere Pro CS4.

So with these compatibility issues solved, I don't know if it would be worth the hassel to try to downgrade to XP.
I may sell my new Windows XP CD.

I can get an academic version of Premiere Pro CS4 for $350. Anyone know if there are any limitations to an academic version other than not being able to use it for commercial purpose? I will mainlly use it to edit videos to post on YouTube. But may also make videos for my family. I will not be using it for academic purposes. Windows Movie Maker is too simple for me.

Should I get CS4 and stick with Vista or should downgrade to XP and stick with Premiere Pro 1.5?

Also, in CS4, I no longer see the DV-AVI option when exporting.