VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey all,

I have a bit of a problem. I am still rather new to Avi Synth and am limited with command to do certain things.

I have a DVD, there are 4 VOBs which make up the main movie. Now I would like to create a single H264 MKV encode.
    The thing is, I do not know how to merge to VOB files as well as the *audio and then add the filters to crop it, resize.etc

I basically want to do it all at once if possible. Soo, merge the 4 VOB files and at the same time resize it, crop it.etc
    What command could I possibly use? Perhaps someone can give me an example with like a resize command added as well.etc?

*The audio, well, now here is something where I have no idea at all as to what to do. The audio has 6 channels, BUT, each audio file has a different delay to it (I creasted DV2 files for each of the VOBs and demuxed all tracks.etc and the delay is stated in the file name of the audio files which are AC3 BTW)

VTS_05_1 T81 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms
    VTS_05_2 T81 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -181ms
    VTS_05_3 T81 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -221ms
    VTS_05_4 T81 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -214ms

The VOB actually seems to contain 2 video streams, AC3 6 channel streams and 2 c hannel PCB streams. I want the 6 channel AC3 stream only.
    One thing which I find rather strange is that according to the file names of the Ac3 audio files, its only 2 channels? Although media info as well as MPC's detail section say 6 channels.

Soo, now if someone could please assist me with how to deal with the audio and how to sync it with the video.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. The audio has 6 channels.

Open all the VOBs in DGIndex. Then File->Save Project. That will give you a D2V file for the entire film, as well as the audio in one big file for each audio stream (if there's more than one audio stream). Use that D2V file together with the DGDecode.dll in your scripts to open your video using MPEG2Source. It's all explained very well in the documents included in the DGMPGDec package. Read them carefully and then read them again. As for cropping, resizing, and other filtering, read early and read often at www.avisynth.org.
    Quote Quote