VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all --

Is it something I've not done, something I have done or is there something inherently wrong with the latest version of VLC. Seems like everything I try to view is blotchy/pixelated off and on. Settings or something? I don't know so far. The older version I had was working better than this one.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which codec are you playing?
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes, the settings can simply become corrupt - and it can also happen when installing a newer version of VLC over an older one. You can try resetting the settings (and/or deleting VLC's folder in Application Data); normally, I'd mention how to do the former, but I don't have VLC installed on the system I'm using at this moment.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have lost a bit of faith in VLC over the past few releases. It no longer seems as robust and reliable as it once was. I find myself using the KM Player much more.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by edDV
    Which codec are you playing?
    Um, dunno. I thought that was the great thing about VLC, that it came with codecs pre-installed?
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  6. I agree with guns1inger, VLC used to be the "go to" video player, but it has just deteriorated over the last year

KMplayer and MPlayer/SMplayer are good and are self-inclusive (splitters/decoders)

MPC-HC is great too and has some internal filters/splitters but also falls back on the directshow system
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks folks. I just grabbed a copy of KMplayer and am very happy with it so far. Man, I'm glad I joined this site -- so much info' to be had.

Have a good weekend all.

Addendum: KMplayer seems to be a bit jerky (skips a few or summat). Just tried to play a few VOB files as well, and it was all over the bloody place. Anyone?
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote