VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a very basic 6 title DVD I authored w/ DVDStyler. It has only one menu with 7 buttons. 6 for the titles and a 7th Play All button. Let's say I play title 3. When the title ends, it goes back to the menu and title 1 is selected. Is their a post command I can insert, that when playback ends, it goes back to the menu and selects the "next" title button?
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, there is a way. It can be done in PgcEdit.
    You will have to use register value or assign selected button to a register, than use that as a base and and add one in menu pre command so next time you come to a menu, next button is selected.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tinker,

Thank you for your reply. It sounds much simpler than it is. I've tried, but PgcEdit gives an error:
    PgcEdit has detected 7 sets of buttons in this cell. I could sure use a guiding hand.

Do you or anyone else have a step-by-step example I could use as a guide?

Thanks,
    -Luis
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a pretty good manual for PgcEdit on their web site, but I am afraid if you do not know anything about command editing it will not be that simple.
    You wil have to see what commands are there already and go from there.
    Also you have to see what registers if any are being used and how.
    Each authoring software is little different so it is difficult to guide you without seeing command structure.
    Basically what you have to do is assign command to each button to be "Link Tail PGC"
    In Post command of that menu set " highlighted button=GPRM #" (#=number of GPRM you are going to use, make sure GPRM is not being used in any commands)
    Next line "GPRM # /=1024"
    You will have to see what commands are on the buttons. If all titles are in the same VTS , than they may link directly to a Title. If Titles are in separate VTS, than it gets little more complicated because they will direct to different PGC ( LU=Language Unit).
    You will have to reassign those commands in Post command of that menu.
    Now it gets little complicated, because you have to go to Pre command of that menu and see what is in there.
    First line will be "if GPRM# > 1 go to line#" (Line# is last line in post command)
    Before you set the line number insert "Brake" command as a last command there, go to line# will be after Brake.
    Than "GPRM# += 1"
    next GPRM# *=1024
    next "GPRM#=highlighted button

I hope I did not forget anything. If anyone see a problem feel free to correct me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Tinker,

I'll take a look at it this weekend.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote