VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,
    I am new on here, and am having ongoing problems with my DVD burning.Im also not that technically minded, which doesn't help! It all just gets more confusing..

I have edited an old 8mm tape from my Canon camcorder using WMM. No problems. It has saved as a WMV file.I couldn't burn to a DVD with WMM(using XP), so was recommended to use AVS to burn to a DVD.It worked OK, but the DVD is very poor quality and also in black and white..
    Am I going about this the wrong way? Do I need to convert my MWV files to DV-AVI??If so...how do I do this???!!
    All I want to do is be able to watch my home videos on DVD on my TV..
    Thank you in advance for any help offered.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    After you captured the dv in wmm then don't save as wmv, save as dv-avi. Select save to computer and when you choose movie settings choose "Show more choices" and select dv-avi.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by littlepipit
    Do I need to convert my MWV files to DV-AVI??If so...how do I do this???!!
    I don't know if you'll get a better result, but AviDemux is very good at reading all kinds of files and can convert them to good quality AVI.

I just did this myself as an intermediate between WMV and DVD MPEG.

Note that you may need to adjust audio delay if it goes out of sync, you can do that in AviDemux.

Actually, AviDemux can directly produce DVD standard MPEGs, though I prefer to go via AVI myself.
    Quote Quote