VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi after finally finding the password to my daughters dell diminsion e521 i need to remove the system password login screen that comes up before the regular user login. I have the password so is there a way to totally remove this from showing up. In order to put a blank password whats the way of doing that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    XP or Vista?
    The answer will be found at www.annoyances.org for sure
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Im running windows vista 32 bit on this computer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are you talking about the BIOS or the user password?
    If BIOS then you have to remove the motherboard battery or use jumpers,sometimes you can reset the password with eight spaces(spacebar).
    If user look here:
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsvista/ht/rvistapassword.htm
    Quote Quote  
  5. The sytem has a password before you get to the user login that asks for a password. The system password is the one i want to get rid of.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Search the net for "control userpasswords2" and youll find the answer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The OP refers to a BIOS password. That's not Windows.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Enter the password, then hit whatever key allows you to enter the BIOS setup. Tab to the PASSWORDS section, then follow the BIOS directions (should be shown on the screen) on clearing the password.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  9. That is the bios password , reboot and keep hitting DEL key until it goes into bios there you can blank the password.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dimE521/en/SM_EN/techov.htm#wp1058256 (motherboard bios jumper location is 21)

Remove system battery and power lead ... leave it in this state for 30 minutes to alow all power in motherboard to deplete.

Or

(where password fails to clear or access to cdrom was disabled)

Take drive to another system
    Set this system to boot from cdrom only, disable hd boot feature.
    Grab a copy of the ultimate boot cd and run ata password tool.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Removing motherboard battery will erase your bios and if you have special setups like Time & Date, Raid or any setting in bios that was customized will be lost and you would be in trouble. Make sure you understand the setups.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, removing the battery will reset your BIOS to default and remove any custom setups, same as using the jumper. But that's probably what you meant. Erasing the BIOS, if you could even do it, would necessitate replacing the BIOS chip.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    He HAS the password. He wants to REMOVE having to enter it each time. There is NO need to "reset" the BIOS settings.

Just go into the BIOS SETUP and clear the current password to <blank>. It would be nice if the OP would provide feedback and give us his status on this problem.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yes I meant bios will be defaulted. Thanks for correcting me. In these days lots of motherboards even if you crash during flashing the bios it has auto recover like ASUS or 2nd bios chip like Gigabyte. One never knows computer may have a 2nd drive or some sort of memory, boot priority etc that may not boot on default bios setting and resetting it for average user is not a good idea unless they know how to setup bios settings. We have to thank God those days that we had to setup IRQ's and memory allocation has passed.
    Quote Quote