VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have several .mkv files which play on my PC with no issues. When I try to play them on the WDTV it says it does not support vibos codecs. Can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by stevencg
    I have several .mkv files which play on my PC with no issues. When I try to play them on the WDTV it says it does not support vibos codecs. Can anyone help?
    What is "vibos"? Do you mean "vorbis"?

Open the file in mediainfo to identify the codecs being used. If it's not supported by your player, convert it to a format that is supported (e.g if you really meant vorbis audio, then convert it to mp3 for example, then use mkvmergegui to re-assemble the new mkv with mp3 and without the old vorbis track)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry you are right i meant to say vorbis. I was hoping to avoid converting files. I also have super C, will that work? The files doesnt have to remain a .MKV.
    Quote Quote  
  4. super should be able to do it, if not you can use lamexp

1) Use mkvextractgui to extract the audio track

2) Convert the audio track with some program (e.g. lamexp, super, etc..)

3) Open the original .mkv in mkvmergegui, add the converted audio track, uncheckmark the old vorbis track and re-mux a new mkv

Sometimes it will not be in sync: if there was a media delay in the original .mkv, this is not preserved when demuxing with mkvextract. You could determine the delay with eac3to and enter that number when re-muxing the new mkv

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  5. You could open the MKV file with AviDemux, and convert the audio to something the WDTV can handle.

Funny, I saw this message soon after it was posted but didn't know what vibos was. So I didn't reply!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is super and AviDemux the same type of programs? If so which do you think is better?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Both are converters but it should be easier using avidemux, just open the mkv, under video choose copy, under audio change audio codec to like mp3, under format choose mkv and convert.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help guys, i will let you know how things go!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just ran across the same problem, strange it can do vorbis audio from the specs. Found Popcorn MKV Converter that handled everything automatically, can even do a whole directory of files. Official Site is a bit flaky, http://audioconverter.heartware.dk/ , but found it on a bunch of the free sites, just search on google.
    Quote Quote