VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I just recently bought myself a Canon HG10. I've been trying to figure out exactly what configuration on what program (yes, I have seen all the posts for conversion methods, I'm just not sure which is the one with the least or NO loss in quality) would allow me to get the best results. File size is not an issue for me, and I just need the best quality from the conversion. I've tried exporting as uncompressed AVIs, but they distort the pixel ratio, and for some reason the footage becomes heavily interlaced (now, I'm not entirely sure if it's becoming interlaced or whether it's just a problem with the conversion causing it to look like it is). Either way, I'm using Sony Vegas 8, and hoping to export it to the best possible format to be able to edit with Adobe After Effects.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe the Debugmode FrameServer will work to frameserve to after effects. No quality loss and no conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just did that, and it did the frameserve fine, but when I rendered out from After Effects, using the lossless setting, it came out all choppy.
    Quote Quote