VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So i guess there's some kind of Media Center add-on (or something) for Vista to make Media Center use .wtv instead of .dvr-ms files to record tv shows. This is also the format Windows 7 uses to record.

Anybody know of a way to convert these? I've tried the same methods I used to use with .dvr-ms and had no luck.
    asdf
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't heard of that format until now. You might have to wait for the final release of Windows 7 before conversion tools become readily available.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Just another sheep boy, duck call, swan
    song, idiot son of donkey kong - Julian Cope"
    Quote Quote  
  4. I tried the methods discussed on that forum, which were (convert wtv to dvr-ms, then convert dvr-ms to mpeg), and i had no success.

i get the wtv converted to dvr-ms, and the dvr-ms file plays with no problems in media center and media player, but when i try to convert it to mpeg, i only get the first minute for some reason.
    So, after a couple hours of searching for a free alternative, i broke down and paid for software called "WTV to MPEG", which does exactly what the name implies, and converts the .wtv file to .mpg. it does so without re-encoding, so you don't have to worry about degrading quality, and it's a very easy to use software. It's $30.
    asdf
    Quote Quote