VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do you add a second audio track to a video that I purchased online. My question stems from I want to sell workout videos online in the format for ipods...however, I cannot add music tracks because of copyright. I would like to know if there is an easy way to give advice to my customers on how to add (there already purchased) music to my narrated videos they buy. Also, if they can do this is it easy to adjust the volume of the 2nd audio track so that it doesn't overlay to loud of the narration?

Thanks, Ryan
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think you're asking too much of your customers. You should be able to find some inexpensive royalty free music with a good beat for exercising to. Google "Royalty Free Music" for tons of options.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have already looked in to that...but not everyone likes the same music I like. Also, those royalty free music cds are expensive about 100 bucks for 1 cd. So, if anybody can answer my original question...i would appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can use yamb, to add tracks to .mp4

While PC software media players can switch audio tracks easily, I am unsure if the ipod can.

You could also remove the old audio and replace it with the new audio as well, if the ipod cannot select tracks.

I don't think you can play 2 audio tracks simultaneously (which I think you are asking about). You would have to re-master the audio & mix the existing narration with the new audio. You could do this in an audio editor, then export as aac , then remux into the .mp4. 99.99% of your customers will probably find this difficult
    Quote Quote  
  5. Video has to be re-authored. It is not easy but it has to be extracted into mpeg and re-authored then add more tracks to it. By doing so you will loose the fancy menus. I guess VOB editor could be used but it is very difficult for non video professional.
    Quote Quote