VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I use PGC Edit to set my layer break and create the iso file and then write with Img Burn. The thing is I always get 50% of successful writhing to my dvd. I am using LG GH20NS10 DVD writer. Is there any other software that can do better? I've tried CloneDVD2 but it has a few pauses at the layer break. Further more Img Burn takes a very long time to write more than half an hour, sometimes even longer. Do I really need to verify my disc when using Img Burn because this is the part where it usually fails to write. Please advise. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What disc media are you using ?
    Why not burn the video_ts folder and use Imgburn to choose the layer break ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Kodak media. What do you mean by Why not burn the video_ts folder and use Imgburn to choose the layer break ? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by anfield7
    Kodak media. What do you mean by Why not burn the video_ts folder and use Imgburn to choose the layer break ? Thanks
    Make a DVD folder then use ImgBurn in Build Mode.
    BTW:verify isn't necessary.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Only Verbatim Dual Layer Media is worth the time. Anything else has a very low success rate.

Imgburn doesn't need ISOs to burn. It can burn the video_ts folder directly, and if necessary, it will let you choose the layer break point as well.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by anfield7
    Further more Img Burn takes a very long time to write more than half an hour, sometimes even longer.
    have you checked to see if your drive is in PIO mode? see here...
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic359816.html#1909640
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    anfield7,

No, there isn't any better burning software than ImgBurn.
    ImgBurn takes a very long time to write more than half an hour, sometimes even longer.
    Dual layer media holds almost twice as much data as a single layer, so it takes about twice as long to write. If your dual layer burns are taking a little more than a half hour, you're burning at about 4x.
    Do I really need to verify my disc when using Img Burn because this is the part where it usually fails to write.
    There is no writing during Verify. The verify phase is just where you're notified that the burn, which is already completed before Verify starts, was screwed up. No, you don't have to verify, but if you didn't verify, you wouldn't have found out the burns were bad until you tried to use the disk.

If you'll follow guns1inger's advice to only use Verbatim dual layer +R disks for your dual layer burns, your problems should go away. You would also be better off if you followed his advice to go straight from the VIDEO_TS directory, with no ISO involved. Here's a nice step by step guide on how to do that. It may seem difficult the first time or two (what doesn't), but it will soon be second nature.
    Quote Quote  
  8. ImgBurn has been the best and it never failed me, I reformated my computer just to get rid of Nero it is like installing an OS with embedded spyware creating system folders etc. You just drag and drop into ImgBurn and it burns. Pick the layer breaks that Imgburn gives you it works fine. I've used cheap DL dvd's from Frys and they all burned well not a single coaster. There is possibility that some dvd's carry anti copy protection when you put them in your drive they load and they screw with the burner drive and you can't see the content anymore or won't detect the drive. Check task manager if you see them exit them and do a cold reboot, it not easy to get rid of it. Mostly they come from Sony discs. When you put a suspected disc in your drive hold shift down until it settles so nothing loads.
    Quote Quote