VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    hi

can anyone help me with this ASUS Eee PC. Theres talk about a cd drive but i am unable to play nay cds on there. Is there like a secret cd drive i am unable to locate or is it an additional hardware i must buy

Secondly, I am wanting to like have video editing software on there, currently there is nothing installed on there. Can you tell me if i can download something from the net which would allow me to edit videos and stuff.

Does anyone know what the operating system on this is, is it Linux??

Lastly, I was trying to install usb like connected from my phone to notebook but it never seems to even reconise it - is there a way to install this - or am i askibng too much of this notebook.
    is this even possible, like to install so i can manage files from my phone on ths notebook

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Do not post the same topic on several forums.
    Please do not cross post, once is enough
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic124514.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A stock Eee uses a version of Xandros Linux. You can install most other Linux Distros on it if you wish (Slackware, Ubuntu, Suse, Fedora) There are many Linux video tools https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/linux-video-tools

The netbook doesn't come with a CD/DVD drive, you can connect an external USB one though.

Since you questions more related to how to USE the EEE and Xandros directly (instead of generic Linux video) EeeUser might be a better resource for you.

Keep in mind, a Netbook is not a Notebook/Desktop replacement. They are small portable devices that fill the void between PDA/Smart Phone, and a lugable Notebook.
    Linux _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I hope you aren't intending to edit anything more than a couple of youtube clips at the old youtube resolution, because that is about all the Eee PC is up to. It is not designed to much more than browse, email and note taking.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote