VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,
    I have a movie in avi file without the subs. I downloaded the subs and then got it to play along with the avi file...it shows up in regular subs as you would normally see it but it also shows up in the bottom left in small text subs also. How can I get rid of the extra small text subs?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have VSFilter / DirectVobSub installed? If so and you are using a player that has it's own sub software you may have duplicate subs. You would need to turn one of them off.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am using WMP 11 to watch my movies. I do have AutoGK and VobSub installed if that makes a difference. I can turn on/off the normal subs but cant seem to get rid of the small text ones that appears not in the movie (its located on the bottom left...in the black area).
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe burned in subtitles? Or do you have another subtitle filter installed like ffdshow.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Maybe burned in subtitles? Or do you have another subtitle filter installed like ffdshow.
    its definitely not burned in subs because i encoded the avi to not have any subs. then realized that i might need it in the future so i went and download the subs and put the subs into the same folder as the avi.
    Quote Quote  
  6. when i play the avi, it uses the ffdshow audio/video encoder and also the directVobSub too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Go to the ffdshow folder in your Start menu, and click on either "VFW configuration" or "Video decoder configuration". In the window that pops up, look for the Subtitles header in the left pane, and remove the checkmark from the box next to it, if it's there. Click OK to clear the window, then repeat the process with the other configuration window (for example, if you picked "VFW configuration" first, open "Video decoder configuration" next.) Then, see if that removes one of the duplicate subtitle instances.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Still no good...maybe its the program that I used to encode the video to avi? I used DVDFab Platinum.
    Quote Quote