VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have come across a blu ray disk where the movie is not in one m2ts file but in 4 or 5. I have ripped many films using tsremux anydvd but not sure what to do when you have more than one main movie file
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What are you going to do? SHrink it and make a new blu-ray or convert to another format???
    Quote Quote  
  3. im simply going to rip the m2ts file and the hd audio track to my media player, i dont want to convert nothing on it just rip the main movie file and auidio track
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I found this for tsmuxer:
    Use tsMuxeR, instead of opening the m2ts itself, open the corresponding MPLS file in the Playlist folder, this will append all that is needed for the complete movie.
    Example: If you know the first part to the movie is 00001.m2ts, open 00001.mpls (in the Playlist folder).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have ran into this with one BD movie. I used tsMuxeR and it's 'append' function to add all the .m2ts files in the proper order. Then 'Start muxing' to join them all together. In the BD I had, the .m2ts files were not in a sequential order, so I had to arrange them correctly. I used VLC to play the .m2ts files to determine the order. MPC-HC may be able to play them also.

Sometimes, you have to do it all manually.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In the BD I had, the .m2ts files were not in a sequential order, so I had to arrange them correctly. I used VLC to play the .m2ts files to determine the order.
    Damn, I came here to see if anyone had an easy way to easily figure out the right order. I have 59 files totaling 30GB to re-order and then work with. I already went through and deleted all the extras and menus. Guess I know what I'm doing for the rest of the day.

Another good player is AVS Media Player. FYI.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BD info should tell you what you want to know, i.e. playlist contents. Add the proper playlist file (*.mpls) in tsMuxer and it will add all the correct *.m2ts files, in the correct order. Look for the total runtime to identify the main movie.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that tip. I actually found a similar tool called BDedit right after posting. Good thing I did too. There are 2 different versions of the same movie on the disc, thus 2 different playlists for the main movie. Some of the files show up on each list. I would have pulled my hair out trying to figure this out. I can't spare any more hair, either.
    Quote Quote