VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ripbot finally working after a fresh install of vista... eghh! BUT It wont stream tomy PS3 as the codec is haali I assume? I have other mp4's that do... so what should i encode my .m2ts's with to .mp4 that'll be good for the ps3 and my PC?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I changed the topic subject. I shouldn't have to open the topic to read what it's about.

What profile did you use?

Or try stream using PS3 Media Server.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, thanks. I chose .mp4. I suppose I could do .mkv and use the .mkv converter? I really like using tversity for my server but you think ps3mediaserver is good? I am work now but currently am converting the 22gb .m2ts in divx converter under 720p profiel while im gone just to see what that does also. I basically am just looking to get this .m2ts shrunk and playable over my network. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think i might try the bd to xvid method also. Will see what I find when I get home under the divx converter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm confused. You mention going from M2TS to MP4 but the Sony PS3 supports M2TS so there should be no need for conversion.

Footnote: I've never used RipBot264 ... instead I use XVID4PSP which has always created MP4 files that work on my PS3 without fault. XVID4PSP also supports M2TS output so if you simply want to re-encode to make a M2TS smaller then you can go from M2TS to M2TS and thus not have to fool with an audio conversion (as would be needed with M2TS to MP4).

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ill try it. Yes, i have an .m2ts thats 22GB, playable onps3, but wish I could make it smaller.
    Quote Quote