VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have version 8 of sony vegas and tried rendering a small video that i got from my video cam (in .mts format). When i tried rendering to .avi or even .wmv it will not play in my media player even though its got the latest codec. Now i do choose the setting for 720p. Can anyone help me with this
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What codec are you using when exporting to avi?
    Tried play with vlc media player? Same problem?
    Quote Quote  
  3. is there a certain codec that i need on my computer to see it because i am encoding in hd???
    Quote Quote  
  4. hello... still need help with this one
    Quote Quote  
  5. What happens if you choose 1080 or an SD setting? I have converted m2t files from my HDV camcorder to WMV (HD) and AVI (SD) with Vegas 8.0 without problems.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  6. it looks like it convert with sd but when i try avi or wmv hd it wont play on anything.... do i need a hd codec and if so which one. I thought sony vegas 8 would have put that on there when i installed it
    Quote Quote  
  7. Have you trying reinstalling/repairing Vegas and do you have the latest update?
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  8. well i do have 8b and not c..... but it should be working in the version i have
    Quote Quote  
  9. Indeed it should. What camcorder is it and how do you capture for it?
    Quote Quote  
  10. the update to 8.0c is available for download at sony's website. there were a bunch of avchd updates in it. it's free and might be a good idea.

as for playing the output - did you do as baldrick suggested and try vlc? it will play most things without needing external codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  11. i already had vlc on my computer so i upgraded it to latest one i also upgraded my vegas to 8c which is the latest one and still when i render the .mts files it wont play avi or wmv but it does it on all the hd formats. When i tried playing it in vlc it says " cant play cfhd format " It will render and play all sd formats and even the hd one that have "yuv" behind it but it studders when i play it in the new divx 7 player, wm or vlc. What else can i do???
    Quote Quote  
  12. post a screenshot of mediainfo or gspot of one of the files you can't play.
    Quote Quote  
  13. i had to put the pic in a doc file but its attach to this... this is the default codec for hd that sony use when you pick any of the hd templates for rendering[/img][/code]

gspot%20picture.doc
    Quote Quote  
  14. can i choose the hdv hd codec to render with on sony vegas and if so which is the best one out here for me to download
    Quote Quote  
  15. bump.... can anyone answer that question above
    Quote Quote  
  16. not aware that there is any default HD codec. i use vegas all the time and have never run across one. you can chose to render to anything you want.

i'm not going to d/l a .doc - post a .jpg
    Quote Quote  
  17. Your video is using the Cineform HD intermediate codec. It isn't designed for general playback. Compress to m2t (VLC will play without any problems) or WMV (WMP plays just fine).
    Quote Quote  
  18. i cant use that format because i am doing this to put on the web so the flash based converter i am using only do avi or wmv... can i pick another hd codec to use with sony vegas and if so which one is the best to use ??????
    Quote Quote  
  19. vegas has HD wmv templates if that is what you want. you might want to try vegas's h264 mainconcept encoder to make mp4's though. it would save a step and works well in place of flv.

Quote Quote