VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Guys,

I use a program called XBMC as my video browser. Normally XBMC has it s own internal player for all kind of video files. However, I want to use an external player (MPC-HC) for playback my video content. So someone of the XBMC community made a custom XBMC version with external player support. However, it isn t compatible with regular dvd content (a VIDEO_TS folder with included vob, ifo etc files). His version only supports single file video content like .mkv's, .wmv's, .mpg's etc.

Is it possible, in a fast and user-friendly way, to convert a VIDEO_TS folder to some kind of single file video file? I don t want any kind of changes that influence the video or audio quality.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    MPC-HC supports video_ts folder playback....but maybe not with xbmc external player.

You could use MakeMKV if you want one single mkv file, no video conversion but you will lose menus.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    MPC-HC supports video_ts folder playback....but maybe not with xbmc external player.

You could use MakeMKV if you want one single mkv file, no video conversion but you will lose menus.
    thxz Baldrick. I ve also found a program VOB2MPEG. Do you recommend this too?
    And when converting the vob's to one .mkv (or .mpeg) will I keep the main DD /DTS track? And how do I keep Dutch subs if they are on the dvd?
    Quote Quote