VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a tool out there that will split a 47 minute MP4 video into <10 min parts for uploading onto youtube (part 1,2,3,4,5) (without re-encoding) ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can use avidemux to copy segments.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mean by copy segments? I'm downloading the tool now. Will it allow me to copy segments that I specify to new MP4 files?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, the original is untouched. You copy part 1, 2,3,4,5 segments as new segments.

Set your mark in/mark out (using keyframes is a good idea)
    Set video=>copy
    audio=>copy
    format=>mp4
    press save with extension (eg "file1.mp4")

It isn't frame accurate if your video is h264, so cut on keyframes. If the video is xvid, it will smart re-encode only around the cutsite if not on a keyframe (i.e. you are not limited and then you can cut anywhere)

Another option is to use mp4box (YAMB is the GUI)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting, I just tried the YAMB and it split the file exactly as I wanted it into parts, however, when I play each MP4 file, the duration shows the total length, but of course it only plays up to the split point. I'm going to try and upload a segment to youtube to see if it complains or accepts it...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It worked! Uploaded Part 1 to youtube and it got processed and is showing the correct length of time. YAMB is great for anyone else reading this, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sdsumike619
    Is there a tool out there that will split a 47 minute MP4 video into <10 min parts for uploading onto youtube (part 1,2,3,4,5) (without re-encoding) ?
    Sony PMB (Picture Media Browser ?) ver.4.2. is a great yet simple tool to split effectively MPEG4 (.mp4) files. It comes free with Sony digital still cameras.
    Quote Quote