VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wanted to try my hand at Avisynth scripting and thought of using Avsp first. But the program just refuses to run. It tells me to look at the Avsp.exe.log. And the log file reports following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "run.py", line 5, in <module>
    File "AvsP.pyo", line 73, in <module>
    File "pyavs.pyo", line 31, in <module>
    File "avisynth.pyo", line 4, in <module>
    File "ctypes\__init__.pyo", line 415, in __getattr__
    File "ctypes\__init__.pyo", line 340, in __init__
    WindowsError: [Error 126] The specified module could not be found

I am running XP SP1.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Clean the AVSP folders out and re-install it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The reinstall did not help. Same error. Thanks anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I just joined this forum but realise this thread is pretty old! I too tried "today" to use this method to edit mts in PP CS2. I have followed most of the instruction. And wrote a script as shown in the guide in notepad saved it as "file".avs but it would not import as an asset in pp project window? Then I DL avsp and just like you Vidalien, and despite clean and reinstall, get the same error!
    Is it because it's too hold - I've got no idea and it seems this does not create much interest either! Still I hope someone coud help.
    I'm trying to use file from a jvc everio GZ mh 200 that so far is not very cooperative!
    Thanks MM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you installed Avisynth?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I did and now I'm struggling with QT alternative direct show
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BTW thanks for asking so quick
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OMG! AlanHK 2am was going to give up and switch of everything went to bed pretty **** up, then thought of what you asked, came back to the computer and realised I did DL Avisynth and placed it in the adobe folder...But NO i did not installed it! I was pretty happy after installing it to see the ***window at last showing up! Thank again. It's a worry though if I got trouble with this how I'm going to manage the rest....Well it's good night for me! Thank you again
    MM
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well it did not take too long! I tried to import the script in PPro, had to choose "all the file" because the format is not supported and because it is not it won't import? Where do I go from here. I thought the instructions said that it is to be imported like any other asset and shows as a square pixel. I must have miss something more. My scrip is in green and reads: #DirectShowSource"00011.mts"
    which is the name of my clips.
    Quote Quote  
  10. use qtsource (qtinput) for quicktime files , or ffmpegsource, instead of directshowsource

install premiere avs import plugin for premiere pro
    http://videoeditorskit.sourceforge.net/

right click and interpret the file in the clip bin, if you don't have square pixel footage. If you have interlaced footage, interpret the field order
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for that, now I can see my AVS script file in Premiere import window. So I imported one of my script (placed in the same directory as the source files scripted (DirectShowSource”Myfile.avs”) but received a msg from PP2 “I don’t understand DirectShow” ! It still imported a file and it’s icon in the Assets windows was like a normal video and sound file. I could not interpret it and it even disappeared after a while from that window?
    I want to import .mts files from my JVC GZ-MH 200 Video Cam. (AVCHD) and the guide for that job says :
    “ *You'll also need an AVCHD directshow codec installed. If you don't have one, you can use the latest Qtalternative”
    Do you think I still should use a different “****source” for that?
    Thank you,
    MM
    Quote Quote  
  12. install haali media splitter, ffdshow

preview your .avs script in vdub, see if there are any error messages

avchd is very slow & sluggish to edit. You need a fast computer. Most people would use a cineform intermediate , or use offline editing (proxy workflow)
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ouch! I'm back to the original problem. "need a faster pc with more ram!" I have installed Haali media splitter and will try ffdshow
    Quote Quote