VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sorry if this question has been asked/answered before.

I bought this LG GH22LP20 16X and upgraded the firmware to 1.02, using 80pin IDE cables, and set this drive to Secondary Master. Cable is plugged straight from mother board. BIOS settings are set to DMA (auto,4), Windows show DMA when available.

But for all the things I've tried, I can NEVER get it to burn a DVD-R more than 2X (burning an .ISO file). The average is always around 1.2X, with maximum at 1.4X (~2MBps). I used Verbatium 16X DVD-R.

Can someone please tell me what's wrong, and how to fix it? It's really a pain to burn a DVD for 45 mins. It burns CD-R just fine (~3 mins for a full audio CD).

Nero, or ImgBurns, or Active Burn always show the same burning speed.

Please help me. I'm desparate for speed.

Thanks so much for your time and help. I appreciate it.

DN
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very odd. Before doing anything else, I'd try a different brand/type of media. Although the drive is new enough that it shouldn't matter, it is easy enough to eliminate. Aside from that, try a different cable, ensure the drive is connected to the end connector, and try deleting/removing the drive and the IDE controllers from Device Manager and rebooting.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have an LG H58N that is a bit slow to burn....I don't mind....but 1.4X is terrible.
    Quote Quote