VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I broadcast video games on Justin.tv, and Justin.tv records and makes my casts available as flv files. Considering my source (320x240 video encoded in VP6 at a bitrate of 500), the resulting recordings look relatively good. When I take these FLV files provided by the site and upload them to Youtube, the quality degrades significantly.

Could anyone specify the ideal procedure I would take to retain as much quality as possible when wanting to take my original FLV files to post on youtube?

After reading posts and articles both on videohelp and on the rest of the net, I've tried using VirtualDub and the Divx Pro codec to create avi's to upload to youtube, with little/no improvement. I've read posts on this forum about upscaling the video and increasing the bit rate... but it didn't seem clear on how to do that, whether I had the right codecs to do so, etc. And I saw a recent post regarding a newbie like me asking for help, and the AutoGK tool was suggested (set quality to 75, width to 640, and uploading the result right now to see if it helps.... nope it didnt...).

Any help would be fantastic!

Here's an example of a source file I'd use:

http://www.justin.tv/clip/790461cf48766ce1
    (file is: http://media.justin.tv/archives/2009-1-1/highlight_662775.flv )

And how it would turn out after uploading the video to youtube (water mark added by service):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1kqMxwbCKI

Please excuse the content=P

I've spent a good while searching the existing posts looking for a clear solution and trying to apply it to the files and applications I have without too much luck, so I apologize in advance if the solution I need is already in another thread!

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can't make a rolls royce out of a slug bug
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Understood... I'm just looking to avoid the loss in quality from the original...
    Quote Quote  
  4. welcome to the forum!

to get decent quality on youtube you probably need to record the original source as you send it to justin into a video with about 5000kbps bitrate. the tube prefers 640x480 h264 mp4 with aac audio. once it's encoded down to 500kbps there isn't much left to work with and just increasing the bitrate won't give you a decent video once youtube re-encodes it at their end as they do with all videos uploaded there.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the great response and for the warm welcome!

I'll see if the new Flash Media Encoder can support those high specs, but if not, could you or anyone else suggest an application that could capture, encode, and save me a movie file with those specs?

I'll do some google searching now, but if there are any solutions that come to mind, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again and I look forward to spending more time on the forums!
    Quote Quote