VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to burn a movie to DVD, but when I load it into DVD FLICK.I get an error that says "No thumbnail could be generated for the file ..... This means the file is damaged or truncated".

The title is still loaded but without the thumbnail. When I click on Create DVD, IU get another error box that says
    [code]
    DVD Flick error log
    Version 1.3.0.4 build 726
    Windows 5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2
    *** Project info
    EncodeProf 2
    Threads 1
    OverScan 0, 3
    TargetRate 0
    TargetFormat 1
    TargetSize 4
    CreateISO 0
    CustRate 0
    EnableBurn 0
    EraseRW 1
    HalfRes 0
    LoopPlayb 1
    AutoPlayMenu 1
    MenuEnable 0
    MenuTemplt Mosaic

Why is this happening and can I fix it somehow
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you post a g-spot or media info of the file in question
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the media info for the file

General
    Complete name : C:\Documents and Settings\Shashank\My Documents\Azureus Downloads\Taare.Zameen.Par.2007.DVDRip.XviD-SaM\Taare.Zameen.Par.2007.DVDRip.XviD-SaM.avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    Format profile : OpenDML
    File size : 891 MiB
    Duration : 2h 42mn
    Overall bit rate : 767 Kbps
    Writing application : AVI-Mux GUI 1.17.7, Aug 8 2006 20:59:17

Video
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Streaming Video@L1
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default
    Codec ID : XVID
    Codec ID/Hint : XviD
    Bit rate : 682 Kbps
    Width : 624 pixels
    Height : 272 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 2.25
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Resolution : 24 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.168
    Stream size : 792 MiB (89%)
    Writing library : XviD 1.2.0.dev47 (UTC 2006-11-01)

Audio
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Codec ID : 55
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Bit rate : 78.2 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz
    Stream size : 90.8 MiB (10%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 36 ms (0.86 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 17679 ms
    Title : VTS_03_1 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 13466ms
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open it in G-Spot as well. It will tell you if the file has been truncated. If it hasn't then most likely it has some how been corrupted during download. You might be able to fix it with one of the Divx repair tools in the Tools section (to your left), but they are pretty hit and miss.

Failing that, try an alternate tool, such as FAVC, AVStoDVD etc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz
    My off-the-wall guess is that it doesn't support that unusual audio sample rate. You could confirm (or disprove) by removing the audio from the AVI, encoding just the video, have DVD Flick save the elementary streams (if it doesn't already and if it's possible to do so), convert the audio yourself, and then author yourself. Or, if it allows you to load an outside audio file, convert it to AC3 at 48.0 KHz and then point DVD Flick to it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    manono,

Ill tyr that. Ill use virtualdub to separate out the audio and the video. But how do I change the sampling rate of the audio to whatever. And wont the length of the audio be different from the length of the video? How do i interleave them so that the audio with video is in sync
    Quote Quote  
  7. But how do I change the sampling rate of the audio to whatever. And wont the length of the audio be different from the length of the video?
    No, the length isn't supposed to change when converting sample rates (it's sample rate, not frame rate), but when I use BeSweet to do it, the length does change. When I use HeadAC3he to do it, the length stays the same. I have no idea about VDub(Mod) or other tools for the job.

You might try removing the audio from the AVI and see if DVD Flick loads and encodes the video alone. That shouldn't take long to do, and will tell you if my theory is correct. If so, half the battle is won right there. If not, the only thing lost is a few minutes of your time. In that case you might try FAVC and see if it can handle your AVI. Here's a guide:

http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/FAVC_Video_to_DVD_Guide_page1.html

Or maybe someone else will come along with a better idea why DVD Flick rejects your file. You should also follow guns1inger's advice by checking the file with GSpot to see if something's wrong with the AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    gunsli8nger,

Im trying your fix to see if itll work. If I have any questions about favc, ill post em here
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    manono,

how do i separate out the audio from the video? The file doesnt load up in virtualdub, it doesnt load up in headache.
    Quote Quote  
  10. The AVI? It won't load in HeadAC3he because it's an audio program. The AVI won't load at all in VDub? I use VDubMod myself for this sort of thing (answer "no" to any questions it might give about VBR audio). Set Video->DirectStream Copy. Go Streams->Stream List->Disable to get rid of the audio. Then File->Save As, give it a new name and wait for it. To extract the audio, go Streams->Stream List, "Enable" it if still disabled, and either "Demux" or "Save WAV".

And if the AVI won't load in VDubMod, there's something very wrong with it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    manono,
    there is an error cause the avi file wont even load in vdubmod. I have another file of the same movie that does load into dvd flick. And I have a subtitle file from the movie that does not load. I would like to load the file that does load into dvd flick and then load the subtitle file from the other movie. The only problem is that the subtitle file is of longer length than the avi file, so the subtitles do not appear when they should when played withe the avi file in vlc player.

So is there any way of shortening the subtitle file so it matches the length of the avi file? Or how do I make a new subtitle file?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hehe, if it's not one thing it's another, eh? It looks like guns1inger was right with his earlier speculation that the AVI was corrupted somehow.

Just from the sound of it, you have an AVI from a PAL 25fps DVD, but a subtitle file from a 23.976fps (with pulldown to output 29.97fps) NTSC DVD, which could account for the subtitle file being longer than the AVI. There's no way to tell, though, without more information.

These subs, they start out OK, but get more and more off as the movie goes along? How long is the movie and about how many minutes is the difference between the dialog and the subs by the end of the movie?

What's the framerate of the AVI? If you don't know, then post a GSpot pic after loading the AVI into it. And in what format is the subtitle file, SRT, SSA, IDX/SUB, what? What it is determines how you adjust its length. Can you go online and find a different subtitle file for that movie, perhaps one already shortened?
    Quote Quote