VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, my first post here, I hope someone can help with my question.

A couple of years ago I got a jvc hd camcorder so that it would be easier to use with the pc, which it was. My main problem has been with software, after going on holiday and using my father in laws computer to make some dvds of the family, I came to a real problem. I was using cyberlink powerproducer and director. Both after long fruitless hours I can confirm them both as s**t. They would forever crash, then I tried the windows dvd maker or something (I know, I know, remember I wasn`t using my own computer) and again the same result. Well I had a flash drive with me, and nero on it, tried it and the video editing then burning was very good, but the software is not user friendly and very resource hungry, the pc comes almost to a complete standstill (loud voice "nero is working all other software cease working NOW").
    So please could anyone recommend some decent software for this and a link if possible. I am using Vista (x64) so I know I am already limiting myself! Thanks in advance for any advice you can share.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi katz, welcome to the forums.

Look at Vegas Movie Studio PLATINUM . You'll need the Platinum Edition in order to work with HD resolution video. Compared to other video editing apps, it's quite stable.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope

You can download a free trial from the above URL . Of course, test it out and make sure it captures data from your camcorder and works with your existing HDV or AVCHD files. It also comes with a pretty good DVD authoring program, so it should be an all-in-one solution (hopefully)
    Quote Quote