VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.

I export using Pinnacle DV500plus in premiere 6.5 with the Pinnacle Turbompeg which outputs in almost realtime to mp2 and a seperate wav file. Im supposed to use Impression DVD Pro, but its unstable. It tends to crash or quit. So is there another DVD author prog that can take those files without re-encoding?

Ive tried Nero Vidion Express 3, but smart-encode doesnt work on the mp2. Also tried Roxio MyDVD Premier 8 and Ulead DVD Workshop. I couldnt find a setting on them which does the same kind of thing without reencoding.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ummm... pretty much ANY good dvd authoring program.

DVD-lab, DVD-lab PRO, TDA, DVDAuthorgui, ect ect ect

Just look through the Authoring (DVD) (45) under tools.

Nero & Roxio for dvd authoring

Garbage!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bassquake
    I export using Pinnacle DV500plus in premiere 6.5 with the Pinnacle Turbompeg which outputs in almost realtime to mp2 and a seperate wav file.
    MP2 is a kind of audio.
    Do you mean M2V?

If so, then I would use AftenGUI to convert the wave to AC3, and then almost any authoring app to take that and the M2V to make DVD video.

If you really want to use wave ( plus M2V), than GuiforDVDAuthor in Muxman mode can do that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MP2 is a kind of audio.
    Do you mean M2V?
    No its mp2. The file is created using the Pinnacle Turbompeg exporter in Premiere. Very speedy which is why I want to use that then use an authorer that wont re-encode it.

Ill have a go with some of the ones Noahtucks mentioned, see if they have trials or something. I actually really like Neros menu creating. Its so easy and does the job, but not being able to take mp2 without reencoding is annoying. Otherwise Id have to do 7hr renders.

Anyway, Ill do some more looking around.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apart from DVDLabs_Pro lacking a preview option (can use debug stepping but its not like nero where u just click and go), it seems to be working ok.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote