VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I usually use DVD Lab Pro or DVD Architect to author DVDs. However I just used Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus to author a DVD because it has some nifty menu templates that allow a Q&D (Quick and Dirty) authoring job with some nice effects. There is one essential feature that it has; it allows a DVD to be created without rerendering. If it didn't provide this feature, it would be useless as an authoring only program because rerendering would seriously damage the MPEGs.

The particular menu that I chose loops until the play button is selected. I would like to set it so that the menu plays once and then starts the movie. The menu has a sound track that plays for about 20 seconds. I don't want it to repeat. This is easily set in DVD Lab Pro however I can't find a way to set this in Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus. Am I missing a way to do this?

I know the trade off between using consumer products like this. There is a good and bad at the same time. Templates are a quick and easy design solution but at the same time, they are often inflexible. I'm hoping there is a way to set the menu to not loop.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I fooled around with MovieFactory 6 Plus some when I began trying to author DVDs. You're right. Some of the automated features are nice, but I quickly fell into the "can't-do-anything-different" syndrome and scrapped it. One of the things I wanted to do was make menu cells quit looping and auto-play the feature.

I never could figure it out, so I moved on.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In MovieFactroy 5 there's a project properites option for adjusting and tweeking your project.
    In MovieFactory 5, after you load your source material, there is a button on the bottom of the Ulead screen for project properties.
    Did you look at the choices offered in the project properties?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is nothing obvious in the project properties or anywhere else that I can find. I doubt there is a way to do this. I looked everywhere I could find but found nothing.
    Quote Quote