VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a real big problem. I have installed Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro on my computer.
    Premiere Pro use to work, but it doesn't anymore. The moment I run it it closes giving me a error that the program doesn't work anymore. I reinstalled in couple of times but it didn't work.

Now I bought After Effects last week, and this one won't work either. This time I do get an error saying:
    After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed. See http://www.adobe.com/support/products/aftereffects.html for know issues. If you still can't resolve the issue, please contant Adobe Technical Support (2).

( 0 :: 42)

So I looked it up on the internet. And everyone told me I should check for broken codecs cause that usually causes the problem. So I got Codec Sniper from this site, and it stated that I have several broken codecs. Most of them are in Windows Movie Maker. Some where in Premier Pro and some where in other programs. So I removed Premiere Pro, hoping this would remove the codecs as well. Movie Maker on the other hand, can't be removed from my computer. I don't see it in the software list.

Next to that Codec Sniper doesn't delete the codecs when I press on delete. I've read on this forum that this is due to Vista and it doesn't support Vista yet.

Are there any other problems capable of removing codecs? It would really help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try Filmerit, it may be able to repair the codecs rather than just delete them.
    "Just another sheep boy, duck call, swan
    song, idiot son of donkey kong - Julian Cope"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I repair them? I get a list with 6 errors and I see them. But I can't find any way to repair.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Stiff
    How do I repair them? I get a list with 6 errors and I see them. But I can't find any way to repair.
    Look at the instructions on the Author's website - in particular Step 3.

http://paul.glagla.free.fr/filmerit_en.htm
    "Just another sheep boy, duck call, swan
    song, idiot son of donkey kong - Julian Cope"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Stiff
    Next to that Codec Sniper doesn't delete the codecs when I press on delete. I've read on this forum that this is due to Vista and it doesn't support Vista yet.
    Have you tried running it as Admin?
    Quote Quote