VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All.

I've got an ISO file saved onto my hard drive containing 2 movies. I want to burn it onto dvd, but I only want to keep one of the movies. Could someone tell me how I can open up the file so that I can delete any files that contain the movie I don't wish to keep.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Use Isobuster
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cheers Buddy. Just downloading it now. If this works I will be eternally grateful. 3 days I've been on this now!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If the two movies are authored to DVD specs...DVDShrink opens .ISO files too....and it's free.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Isobuster is a great piece of software. Also works well for getting info off of non-encrypted dvd's and cd's. Even has decent luck with some scratched discs. Most features are free. To use some of the more advanced features you need the pay version. Personally I've never had a need for the pay version. The freeware did what I needed just fine.

also like hech54 says dvdshrink can work as well. Its a nifty tool to have in your video toolbox anyways.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just tried ISObuster, and I don't think I'm using it right.
    I've extracted the files that I want to keep and put them in a folder, then burned the folder onto disc. The final result won't play at all.
    Is there a way that I can just delete files that I don't want, then save the rest?
    I forgot to mention, there are menus that I want to keep.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well you can't just put them in a folder and burn to a disc and have them play. All you are doing is creating a data disc that way. DVD format disc must be authored first using authoring software like gui for dvdauthor.

What type of file is the movie that you extracted from the iso? Could you open that file in media info and tell us the results?
    Quote Quote  
  8. What format are the movies in? If they are authored together (i.e. 2 movies in the same DVD structure), you can't just delete some files

Also what are you using to play? A standalone player?

How did you burn it? Did you rebuild the ISO? if so, you have to burn as an ISO image, not DVD-Video or data disk for example

EDIT: freebird types too fast!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think I know what I mean we I say no, they aren't authored together, because when I originally made the first folder using shrink I deleted the files for one movie. Then I burned it onto dvd. The finishing product was exactly how I wanted it, but it recorded as data. It would play on a standalone player, but wouldn't play on my PC.
    I then took someones advice to make it into an ISO file which I did. Then just to try I burned the whole thing to a dvd, and it works perfectly on both my dvd players, and my PC, but now I'm back to square one trying to get rid of one of the movies.
    How do I rebuild into an ISO?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm a little confused on your work flow and exactly what you've done.

I looked at your other thread regarding dvdshrink and I think a lot of the problems you are having are related to your burning software. Try burning your video ts folder with imgburn.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ISObuster is a very useful application but for what you are attempting to do, I suspect you will have an easier time using DVD Shrink. Just click on reauthor after you have opened the ISO file in Shrink and select the movie that you want and burn it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's probably the fact that I'm doing something wrong with ISO buster.
    What I'm trying to do is basically get rid of one of the movies on this dvd, but keep the menus and the other movie. Then burn it so that it will play on my DVD, and my PC.
    Using shrink I can only keep the movie I want, but not the menu.
    So I ripped the whole thing to a folder. Then I opened the folder, and deleted the files for the un-wanted movie.
    With my burning studio I then burned the folder onto dvd. I got the result I wanted, but the dvd would only play on a standalone player, and not my PC.

I was told to use the shrink to make an ISO file. I did this and saved the folder. Then just to try and see if it would work on my PC, and DVD player I burned the whole thing to a DVD to satisfy my curiosity. IT WORKED!!!

I have no doubt now that it would work exactly the same, but now as an ISO file I'm back to square one not being able to delete the files for the un-wanted movie. As I said I'm probably doing something wrong with the ISO buster????????
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    DVDShrink opens DVD Folders and .ISO images.
    DVDShrink can then "re-author" the material from either of
    ...by "re-authoring" we mean you can delete unwanted material
    or movies from said ISO/Video_TS folders.
    DVDShrink can then output your creation to either an ISO image
    or DVD folders (VIDEO_TS, AUDIO_TS).

WTF part of this is not sinking in to your brain?
    You need to do some SERIOUS guide reading here on
    Videohelp and stop running around in circles - beating
    your head against the wall.

Stop, Look and Listen to what people are telling you
    in the multiple threads you've started about the same
    basic subject.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by millyvanilly
    What I'm trying to do is basically get rid of one of the movies on this dvd, but keep the menus and the other movie. Then burn it so that it will play on my DVD, and my PC.
    VobBlanker is the tool most commonly used for that.

Seriously, do it like folks have been telling you: reauthor movie only with DVDShrink and forget the menus. You don't seem to be ready for VobBlanker yet, but hey, if you want to have a go.....
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote