VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to have like a scene selections where when you highlight the chapter is when the video begins to play and when you move onto another chapter the previous video stops and the highlighted plays
    How's My English?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Easy enough to do. Example - Simple motion menu with 4 chapter stops. Each chapter stop is a short video clip. Each page also has a link back to the main menu and a next and prev link to the other chapter menus.

For this page alone you will need four video clips. Each clip will be effectively the same, except for the small motion clip that plays for the chapter in focus. All other elements are the same. In DLP you would create four menus, and drop these videos (already encoded as DVD compliant) onto the background, and link them as you would normals menus, but with auto-activate choices on the chapter objects as you would for any other motion menu.

The simplest way to create the menus is in a video editor. Create a standard background with all the text and frames. In each frame place a static image of the first frame for that chapter clip. Save this as the basis for all the menu pages needed. For menu 1, replace the static image in the first chapter position with a short clip. Render this whole page as a DVD compliant video. Repeat for each of the following menu pages. When you are done, assemble in DLP, add icons or lines to indicate which object has focus and add all your links.

It is a simple but time consuming task
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote