1. Hello...My brother have this equipment:

logitech Z-5500
    soundblaster x-fi platinum fatality champion series
    (conected with a standalone dvd)
    windows xp sp2,power 400w
    intel 965lt core 2 duo 1.80gh
    3.5 gb ram
    80gb sata-1

and I have another pc (mine) in a contiguous room...every time that I plug my PC (also when I disconnect my PC) the sound of my brother's PC (with the logitech ) have a drop out in the sound...that drop out delay 1 second aprox.

this happen when my bro work with a coaxial connection,but when he have their equipment in 6-channel direct connection the drop-out don't happen.

Please,someone knows why happen this? would be a cable problem? or would be the electric instalation ?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Shared power line source ... both systems are connected to a line which comes from a single fuse in the power box ... find one that is not "paired" and try again.

Could be your system is first inline for power, and his is last ... your system is causing a minor disruption to power on the line... try switching systems around and see if that problem disappears ... if it dose, then you know how to solve the problem.

Bit like having a pc burning a cd/dvd ... and on the other side of wall sharing same line is washing machine ... it kicks in, burnt disc is toast ... things happen, lol
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for reply,Bjs...I'll try of make some changes like you tell me.
    Quote Quote